Westwood Baptist Church is hiring a part-time (20 hour) Minister of Youth. The Minister of Youth provides leadership and oversight in all aspects of planning, promoting, and implementing a ministry that guides youth in their growth and development as followers of Jesus Christ, and promotes fellowship among youth and their families within the larger congregation of Westwood Baptist Church. Click here for a complete position description. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Youth Ministry of Westwood Baptist Church exists to build a community of students and leaders that is:
– Growing in faith
– Serving Christ
– Sharing the gospel
– Changing the world
We’re really open to people who are seeking and trying to find God. That means you don’t have to be a Christian to participate… in fact, you don’t have to know anything at all about God. We’ll take you as you are, as long as you promise to take us just as we are. Our youth ministry serves students in 7th-12th grades.
Come check us out – we hope you find us to be a place where you belong!
Sunday Night Live! provides students with the opportunity to experience spiritual growth in large-group and small-group settings with caring adult leaders.
Sunday Night Live! is preceded each week by Youth Choir and by a free dinner. Each week there are opportunities to hang out with each other, to hear what is going on in the youth ministry, to play games, to worship, to learn more about God and our relationship with God, and to have fun!
Our Youth Ministry currently has two Sunday School classes, one for Middle Schoolers (7th & 8th Grade) and one for High Schoolers (9th-12th Grades). Both classes are led by caring adults who desire to help youth connect the stories of the Bible with the stories of their lives. Our youth use the Bible in Life curriculum from David C Cook.
Impact! Virginia is the “classic” one week construction mission opportunity, offered by the Virginia Baptist Mission Board, for teenagers in which 250 and 300 participants focus on home repair and renovation for those in great need in Virginia. Project days begin and end with worship celebrations to help set and maintain the right spirit and attitude.
In 2019, our youth attended Impact! Virginia – Eastern Shore July 21-27.
In 2018, our youth attended Impact! Virginia – Danville July 15-21. Click here for a video recap of their week.
In 2017, our youth attended Impact! Virginia – Appomattox July 16-22. Click here for a video recap of their week.
In 2016, our youth attended Impact! Virginia – Wise July 17-23. Click here for their report.
In 2015, our youth attended Impact! Virginia – Fluvanna July 19-25.
If you’d like to be a part of our Youth Ministry Team, please email Susan Frazier, our Youth Ministry Group chair.
We have many teams on which you can serve and use your gifts in ministry:
- Care & Communication makes known what is happening in the youth ministry to various audiences using all available tools (i.e. newsletters, directories, bulletin boards, website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.). This team also communicates caring, encouragement, and love to the members of our youth ministry community (students, adults, and their families).
- Sunday Night Live! provides students with the opportunity to experience spiritual growth in large-group and small-group settings with caring adult leaders.
- Fellowship & Outreach uses different events to build community among the members of our youth ministry and seeks to connect youth in the community with our church and youth ministry.
- Fundraising is responsible for raising money for various youth events and trips.
- Missions & Service plans service projects and mission opportunities at the local, state, national, and international levels.
- Retreats provide a group experience that helps youth to form relationships with each other and God.
- Oasis (Wednesday Night Program) provides students with the opportunity to experience spiritual growth in a large-group, mid-week setting with caring adult leaders.
- Youth Leadership Council (YLC) is a group of students that meet with the youth minister to develop and then use leadership skills in their ministry.